The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health, it also helps to soothe occasional stomach upset. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favourites among doTERRA essential oils.
Minty, hot, herbaceous
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
- Blends well with Lavender essential oil for a soothing massage.
- Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when feeling overheated.
- Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.